Photo Credit: Alanna Story
Nothing says HAPPY NEW YEAR better than a table full of the yummiest food, surrounded by the people you love, laughing, eating and enjoying it all! We are anxiously awaiting our New Year’s Eve celebrations and are already planning out the appetizers that will be sharing.
We thought we would share a crowd FAVORITE with you all today that we think will make the perfect addition to your NYE festivities. This Mango Avocado Blackbean Salsa recipe created by our very own ALANNA, was originally featured on eighteen25girls Blog and we are SUPER excited to share it again with you today!
MANGO AVOCADO BLACKBEAN SALSA
1 Can Black Beans
1 Ripe Mango
1/2 Cup Red Onion
2 Tablespoons Lime Juice or lemon juice
2 teaspoons Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 Medium Avocado
1/4 Cup Cilantro (optional)
1. Chop the red onion and cilantro finely and cut the mango into cubes
2. Combine black beans, mango, onion, and if you like cilantro you may add it at this point into a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl combine lime juice, vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir until the sugar dissolves then pour over the blackbean mixture
4. Cover and chill for 1 hour ( if you have the time, but if not, it will still taste great)
5. When ready to serve chop Avocado into bite size cubes and gently fold into the salsa
6. VOILA!!! Enjoy one of the yummiest salsa’s around
Alanna, Natalie, and Lyndsie