Photo Credit: Alanna Story
We here at Two Sisters & a Story have been having a major sweet tooth lately! (Okay, we have a sweet tooth all the time…) Well we adore sugar cookies in general, but when Alanna discovered CHOCOLATE Sugar Cookies, we went all heart eyes! You know how they say that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach? We’re pretty sure that’s the way to get to our hearts too! And these cookies..oh man.. they have us on a lockdown!
Check out the recipe below!
Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen (3-inch) cookies or 12 (4 1/2-inch) cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
Prep: 1 Hours
Chill: 10 Minutes
Bake: 10 Minutes
Cool: 35 Minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg, beating until blended.
2. Combine flour, cocoa, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. ( make sure you don’t add too much flour otherwise it can turn out being dry)
3. Divide dough into 2 equal portions; flatten each portion into a disk. Cover and chill 10 minutes.
4. Place 1 portion of dough on a lightly floured surface, and roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with a 3- or 4 1/2-inch heart shaped cutter. Place cookies 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Repeat procedure with remaining dough portion.
5. Bake, in batches, at 350° for 6-7minutes (for 3-inch cookies) and 10-12 minutes (for 4 1/2-inch cookies) or until edges are lightly browned. Let cool on baking sheets 5 minutes; remove to wire racks, and let cool 30 minutes or until completely cool. Decorate baked cookies as desired.
4 cups powdered sugar
5 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
In a small bowl, stir together confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.
Divide into separate bowls, and add food colorings to each to desired intensity. Pipe, or dip frosting onto cookie.
Hope you enjoy these heavenly cookies as much as we did!
Happy Valentines Eve everyone! XOXO!!!
Alanna, Natalie, and Lyndsie