Hello Friends!!! A few month back we did a recipe for Eighteen25girls and shared this fun recipe with them. You can find the original post here: http://eighteen25.com/2017/06/banana-bread-cream-cheese-frosting/
Banana Bread + Cream Cheese Frosting = double WIN!!!!
Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup margarine, softened.
- 1 cup white sugar.
- 2 eggs.
- 1½ cups mashed banana.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 OZ. Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Cup of confectionery sugar
- Mint Leaves for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 6 x 3¼ inch pans or one 9×5 inch pan.
- Cream margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, then bananas. Add flour and soda, stirring just until combined
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 40 minutes (or till toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove from pan and let cool
- Cream the soften cream cheese add in vanilla until incorporated
- Add in powder sugar a little at a time until it is at a consistency you like. ( i like mine to be at a stiff peak)
- place cream cheese frosting in a piping bag with whatever tip you would like to use to decorate with
- slice cooled banana bread into about 1 inch slices then cut those slices in half. Fill one side with frosting and place the other slice of bread on top. add some more frosting on top for decoration and add a mint leaf and you have a gourmet looking and super tastie dessert ready to go.
- KEEP REFRIGERATED this will only keep for a few days. Best if used the same day
Alanna, Natalie, and Lyndsie
Two Sisters and a Story